FREE professional development session
- Guidance, tips and expertise in incorporating Musical Futures pedagogy and resources in your teaching at any level.
- A Guide to Musical Futures – Introducing Musical Futures Online is a chance to revisit the core pedagogical approaches of this innovative and highly successful approach to teaching music.
- An opportunity to look at our new online resources platform, Musical Futures Online which has been designed to support teachers to deliver music in an engaging, practical and enjoyable way incorporating the values and ethos of the Musical Futures approach.
- If possible, please have the following equipment to hand – pair of drumsticks/a ukulele or tuned percussion
- This session will take place via Zoom and all places must be booked in advance – please do not book a space unless you are sure you can attend
- If you are unable to attend the live training, you can request to access the video recording HERE
Aims of the session
- A look at the key principles Musical Futures pedagogy and rationale behind the approach (including the informal learning model devised by Professor Lucy Green, Institute of Education)
- Understand how Musical Futures Online can be utilised to support the Musical Futures approach to learning
Revisiting Musical Futures
- A look at the Musical Futures approach and how to promote engagement and achievement through practical music-making in your classroom.
Exploring – Musical Futures Online
- A whistle stop tour through Musical Futures Online to discover how our new resources platform can work for you in your school
- Be prepared from some practical, hands-on learning!
Who is it for?
This workshop is recommended for those who are already familiar with Musical Futures or for those who would like to find out a little more about how the approach works.
- Heads of Music
- Secondary Music specialists
- Primary music co-ordinators
- Generalist primary teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
- Community music practitioners
- Youth workers
As well as an insight into Musical Futures and a practical workshop to give participants a flavour of Musical Futures Online as attendees will receive:
- A free 4 week trial of www.musicalfuturesonline.org (includes full access to Premium membership then access to an ongoing bank of resources used in the training)
- A 10% discount towards Musical Futures Online Premium or Ultimate membership (pay via invoice only) of your choice
Why attend this workshop?
Teachers who use of Musical Futures Online in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Increased student participation in music both in and out of the classroom
Book Your Place
- This workshop is available FREE of charge
- Places are limited and are available on a first come first served basis
- Log in for a prompt start at 4.15pm on Monday 4th October
How to Book:
- Secure your place online by using the Book Now button below.
- You will receive the link to attend the online session (via Zoom) in advance of the day.