INTRODUCING MUSICAL FUTURES ONLINE for PRIMARY TEACHERS
We are inviting all teachers of music in a primary setting to join us for a tour of Musical Futures Online our award-winning online resources platform.
Musical Futures Online has been designed to support teachers to deliver music in an engaging, practical and enjoyable way incorporating the values and ethos of the Musical Futures approach and offers teachers step by step guidance to teaching music through an exciting interactive resource aimed at Years 1 to 6.
The session is designed for all teachers of primary music – whatever your level of experience, we’ll show you how you can get playing and how to use these practical, hands-on resources with your learners!
Discover an approach which enables children to develop basic musical skills and knowledge whilst developing ensemble musicianship skills and confidence through an engaging curriculum.
Musical Futures Online is perfect for young beginner musicians and offers a selection of content which will allow primary teachers to tailor the approach depending on the resources available within your school.
We’ll look at examples of our interactive resources for warm up exercises, rhythm and clapping games, and playing instruments as a whole class.
Our resources have been specifically designed to support teachers to introduce rhythmic awareness, musical knowledge and instrumental skill development using the instruments on your music trolley plus ukuleles, acoustic guitars or keyboards.
- MakingMusic: Body percussion, untuned percussion, chair drumming,
- LearnToPlay: Ukulele or guitar, tuned percussion, guitar or keyboard as appropriate
This session will take place via Zoom and all places must be booked in advance – please do not book a space unless you are able to attend.
Details for joining the session will be sent in advance of the session.
Aims of the workshop
- Understand – how our new online resources platform, Musical Futures Online supports teachers to deliver music in an engaging, practical and enjoyable way incorporating the values and ethos of the Musical Futures approach
- Examine – the Musical Futures approach and how to promote engagement and achievement through practical music-making in your classroom through practical, engaging and enjoyable interactive music activities for both pupils and teachers
- Explore – A whistle stop tour through Musical Futures Online to discover how our resources platform can work for you in your school
Be prepared from some practical, hands-on learning!
If possible, please have the following equipment to hand – pair of drumsticks/a ukulele or tuned percussion
Who is it for?
- Primary class teachers who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists
- For primary and secondary music specialists – Musical Futures Online is a great start to learning chord shapes, easy chord progressions and basic riffs for students
- For instrumental teachers – LearnToPlay can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Learning
As well as an insight into Musical Futures and a practical workshop to give participants a flavour of Musical Futures Online as attendees will receive:
- A free 2 week trial of www.musicalfuturesonline.org
- A 10% discount towards Musical Futures Online Standard, Premium or Ultimate membership (pay via invoice only)
Why attend this workshop?
Teachers who attend this training report that they value:
- Being able to see how Musical Futures Online can support the music curriculum
- Trying out practical activities which can help them to feel they have the resources and support to become more confidence about teaching or leading music in their school
- A varied bank of resources to start delivery in their school the following day
Book Your Place
- This workshop is available FREE of charge
- Places are limited and are available on a first come first served basis
- As we have had a number of no-shows to our free events in the past, we will be overbooking this event so please ensure you log in for a prompt start at 5.00pm GMT on Tuesday 13th December 2022
How to Book:
- Secure your place online by using the Book Now button below.
- You will receive the link to attend the online session (via Zoom) in advance of the day.
- Please do not book a space unless you are sure you can attend