In celebration of Musical Futures Online winning the award for “Outstanding Music Education Resource of 2022” AND in running our first live training events in over 2 years (!!) we are inviting secondary teachers of ages 11-14 to attend this training for an introductory rate of £150 – to include:
- A day workshop with hands on practical activity
- A 12 month Premium membership of Musical Futures Online worth £149
- Lunch & Refreshments
Download Musical Futures in the KS3 Classroom HERE
Full details and booking below:
Aims of the session
- Guidance, tips and expertise in incorporating Musical Futures pedagogy and our award winning Musical Futures Online resource platform in to your teaching at Key Stage 3 – delivered by a highly experienced Head of Music/classroom practitioner
- Experience a full day workshop, with hands-on practical activity incorporating all of our online content including:
- Understand how Musical Futures Online can be utilised in the delivery of music in an engaging, practical and enjoyable way incorporating the values and ethos of the Musical Futures approach.
- Revisit the key principles Musical Futures pedagogy and rationale behind the approach (including the informal learning model devised by Professor Lucy Green, Institute of Education)
- Expert guidance on using and planning for Musical Futures in your curriculum
Revisiting Musical Futures
- A look at the Musical Futures approach and how to promote engagement and achievement through practical music-making in your classroom.
Exploring Musical Futures Online
- A detailed examination of Musical Futures Online to discover how our resources can support you in your setting and enhance student motivation, enjoyment and skill-acquisition in music lessons
- Using and planning for Musical Futures Online and Musical Futures pedagogy in your curriculum
Who is it for?
This workshop is recommended for those who are already familiar with Musical Futures or for those who would like to find out a little more about how the approach could work in their context.
- Heads of Music
- Secondary Music specialists
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
- Community music practitioners
- Youth workers
As well as an insight into Musical Futures Online and a practical workshop to give participants an insight into Musical Futures Online attendees will receive:
- A 12 month membership to Musical Futures Online Premium membership
- Refreshments and lunch
Why attend this workshop?
Teachers who use of Musical Futures Online in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Increased student participation in music both in and out of the classroom
Book Your Place
Professional development is offered at rates £135 (EarlyBird)/£150 (Standard) per person, and includes:
- Lunch and refreshments
- 12 months access toMusical Futures Online Premium membership with the option to upgrade to Ultimate for an additional £25
- Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
How to Book:
- Secure your place online by using the Book Now button below.
- All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07985 188889