Musical Futures and Kent Music are working in partnership to deliver this training event at a subsidised rate for teachers currently teaching in Kent schools.
If you are a music specialist or instrumental teacher within the county of Kent, you can attend this training event FREE, instead of £45
Teachers outside Kent, are welcome to attend – usual ticket prices will apply.
Aims of the course
Our Musical Futures: Composing & Improvising twilight workshop gives ideas and strategies for composing and improvising which are both musical and theoretical.
- Analysing and understanding music from the inside out
- Strategies to build confidence with composing and improvising that can be used with students of any age.
- Explore how to support students to transition successfully from Key Stage 3 – where music frequently has a focus on practical work – to the demands of GCSE music.
- Research shows that students are more likely retain the learning if they are actively engaged in the process.
Please bring an instrument with you for this workshop
Composing and Improvising
- Using a rhythmic groove as a starting point.
- Developing melodic ideas by adding instrumental lines
- Exploring structure, texture, complimentary chords and other musical features to develop compositions further.
Songwriting – Applying creative skills to a task
- Exploring a series of starting points for songwriting
- Using a variety of approaches, practical activities and resources to support your students with the songwriting process!
Preparing for KS4
- Identifying strategies to assist students with composing using improvisation to collaboratively create and compose new works that reflect the key features of a style or genre
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suited to teachers who are interested in exploring practical approaches to teaching music at key stage 3 and seeking ideas for composition and improvisation.
- Heads of Music
- Secondary Music specialists
- Classroom music teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
What Is Included?
- A twilight training course
- All guidance notes & resources for immediate use
- Musical Futures Songwriting resource (worth £40)
Benefits of Musical Futures training
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
- Opportunities to develop new ideas for inclusive extra-curricular music in school
Book Your Place
This twilight professional development workshop is FREE for Kent teachers or £30 per person for those teaching outside Kent, and includes:
- All relevant resources
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 7250 8323