Our Musical Futures: Dublin one day (Friday 21st February) and two day workshops (Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd February) will introduce delegates to Musical Futures approaches designed for use with ages 8 to 14.
Musical Futures is about an approach to learning, rather than a specific musical style genre, meaning that it is sustainable and transferable to a range of learning contexts, not just within the UK.
Workshops are practical, hands on and designed for teachers to experience the approaches from the perspective of their learners – exploring the key aspects of the Musical Futures pedagogy through interactive, practical and inspirational workshops PLUS a chance to look at the practicalities, skills and resources required to introduce Musical Futures in their classroom.
All accompanying resources from all workshops are included in the training.
The Workshops Will Include:
Our one or two day workshop options will offer content drawn from the following Musical Futures models (precise content TBC):
- Technology in the Music Classroom Deliver authentic music technology lessons rooted in the music that students like, enjoy and identify with and to help engage them in deep learning about music.
- Everyone Can Play introduces students to ukulele, guitar and keyboard – ideal for those who have never played before! These ‘beginner’ instrumental resources support the development of individual instrumental skills with content created specifically for ukulele, or guitar or keyboard using practical activities covering strum/riff patterns, chord shapes and easy chord progressions through a series of original and popular melodies and songs.
- Just Play is the Musical Futures ‘first access’ programme for both teachers and students, suitable for ages 8 -14. Designed to build holistic musical skills and an understanding of how to play as a whole class band, the approach engages students in whole class music making by providing a simple step by step resource that supports the development of instrumental skills on drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and ukulele.
- Find Your Voice with Musical Futures! This practical workshop explores our inclusive approach for engaging students of all ages with singing through vocal work and the integration of mobile technology.
- Classroom Workshopping – get your students composing and improvising through classroom workshopping – learning by doing makes key terms and concepts easier to learn with students are more likely to remember what they are learning if they are actively engaged in the process.
- Informal Learning – a cornerstone of Musical Futures pedagogy which aims to enhance student motivation, enjoyment and skill-acquisition in music lessons by tapping into the real-life learning practices of popular musicians.
Book Your Place
A full day of Musical Futures professional development is offered at £165/€185 (one day option)/£200/€225 (two day option) per person, and includes:
- Lunch and refreshments
- Includes up all Musical Futures resources used in the workshops (plus exclusive bonus material) to use with your students
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 7250 8323