This twilight workshop offers a practical workshop to explore our Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource for beginners and includes a FREE copy of Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource PLUS a Mahalo Kahiko ukulele (RRP £29.99)
Everyone Can Play is designed to engage all teachers in making music with their classes whether they consider themselves to be musicians, music specialists, musical or not and will enable children to develop musical skills, build confidence and support their overall personal development.
Musical Futures is working in partnership with Leeds Music Education Partnership to offer Musical Futures professional development training to all teachers and trainee teachers teaching in schools within Leeds
Aims of the workshop
Engage students in whole class music making by providing a simple step by step resource, suitable for beginners, that supports the development of instrumental skills on the ukulele using practical activities which cover strum patterns, chord shapes and easy chord progressions.
Everyone Can Play twilight training allows delegates to:
- Understand how to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making.
- Explore ways to ensure that students are fully engaged in lessons.
- Develop confidence in promoting and identifying outstanding progress in music learning.
- Develop classroom approaches that provide a catalyst to involve all students, including disadvantaged groups in extra-curricular music making.
- Build essential performance skills amongst students that will promote achievement and attainment in music.
- See how the approach can work with students.
The Everyone Can Play Workshop is designed to introduce delegates to possibilities of the approach and how it can foster outstanding learning.
- Building Skills: Explore how Everyone Can Play can develop instrumental skills in a whole class setting on ukulele,
- Performing: Using material from the Everyone Can Play Resource, discover how to teach essential skills for learning chords and strumming patterns in preparation for performing a range of current popular songs at different levels.
Who is it for?
- Primary general classroom teachers – who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists. Everything is included to enable you to teach ukulele having never played before!
- Primary and secondary music specialists – Everyone Can Play is a great start to learning chord shapes and easy chord progressions for students
- Instrumental teachers – Everyone Can Play can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Ensemble Tuition
What Is Included?
The workshop is offered at an introductory price* of £55 (£30 for Leeds teachers) and includes:
- Expert guidance through a practical and enjoyable workshop which gives an overview of how to use the Everyone Can Play resource to maximum effect.
- The chance to network with local teachers.
- A copy of Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource (worth £40)
- A Mahalo Kahiko ukulele (RRP £29.99)
*£70 from September 2018
Benefits of Musical Futures training
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
Book Your Place
Our Twilight Everyone Can Play Workshops are £30 for Leeds teachers or £55 per person (non-Leeds), and include:
- A FREE copy of Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource (worth £40)
- A Mahalo Kahiko ukulele (RRP £29.99)
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 7250 8323