- Guidance, tips and expertise in incorporating Musical Futures pedagogy and resources in your teaching at any level
- A chance to revisit the core pedagogical approaches of this innovative and highly successful approach to teaching music
- Explore our award-winning online resources platform, Musical Futures Online – check out our library of Free Resources in advance of the session
- Ideas to deliver music in an engaging, practical and enjoyable way incorporating the values and ethos of the Musical Futures approach
- If possible, please have the following equipment to hand – pair of drumsticks/a ukulele or tuned percussion
- This session will take place via Zoom and all places must be booked in advance
Aims of the workshop
- A look at the key principles Musical Futures pedagogy and rationale behind the approach (including the informal learning model devised by Professor Lucy Green, Institute of Education)
- Understand how Musical Futures Online can be utilised to support the Musical Futures approach to learning
- Access 12 months Musical Futures Standard membership for £50*
* Workshop and Musical Futures Online Package Ticket only – see below
Revisiting Musical Futures
- A look at the Musical Futures approach and how to promote engagement and achievement through practical music-making in your classroom.
Exploring – Musical Futures Online
- A whistle stop tour through Musical Futures Online to discover how our resources platform can work for you in your school including using our highly effective interactive resources to aid your teaching
- LearnToPlay – ukulele/guitar/keyboard or tuned percussion
- MakingMusic – all things rhythm and pulse and incorporating Body Percussion and our infamous ChairDrumming
- Find Your Voice -using mobile technology and vocals. Includes our NEW Singalong materials!
- SimplySamba – easy to follow guidance to transform your class into a synchronised Samba-inspired drum group.
Be prepared from some practical, hands-on learning!
Who is it for?
This workshop is recommended for those who are already familiar with Musical Futures or for those who would like to find out a little more about how the approach works.
- Heads of Music
- Secondary Music specialists
- Primary music co-ordinators
- Generalist primary teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
- Community music practitioners
- Youth workers
A practical workshop to introduce our award-winning resources platform Musical Futures Online
- Attend for free – no strings attached OR
- Purchase our Workshop and Musical Futures Online 12 month Standard Membership for £50 (usually £99 for membership package only)
Why attend this workshop
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
Book Your Place
- This workshop is available FREE of charge
- Places are limited and are available on a first come first served basis
- Log in for a prompt start at 5.00pm GMT+1 on Tuesday 4th October
- Can’t attend? We’ll send you the session recording after the event – please choose either Free Ticket (video only) or £50 Ticket (video recording and 12 month Standard membership package)
How to Book:
- Secure your place online by using the Book Now button below.
- You will receive the link to attend the online session (via Zoom) in advance of the day.