Musical Futures and Kent Music are working in partnership to deliver this training event at a subsidised rate for teachers currently teaching in Kent schools.
If you are a music specialist or instrumental teacher within the county of Kent, you can attend this training event for £45, instead of £145.
Teachers outside Kent, are welcome to attend – usual ticket prices will apply.
Developed in partnership with Musical Futures Associate Adam Saunders, On Cue is an inclusive approach to creative music-making. On Cue resources combined with non-formal pedagogies (and practices) make this approach suitable for use with ensembles of any instruments or ability.
Aims of the course
- Explore how to make instrumental music truly inclusive for ensembles.
- Learn how to accommodate the range of skills, levels and experience often found in instrumental ensembles.
- Discover how to nurture the ‘whole musician’ without relying on notation.
- Develop approaches that provide a catalyst to involve all students in extra-curricular music making.
- Build essential performance skills amongst students that will promote achievement and attainment in music.
- Improvisation and collaborative music making – learning basic melodic ideas by ear
- Using body percussion, vocalising, singing, playing by ear and improvising to build, create and develop musical content.
- Developing ensemble skills rooted in active music making.
Who is it for?
On Cue encourages aural learning and includes strategies for composing, improvising and singing as part of the approach.
Recommended for use by music teachers or practitioners working with music ensembles, regardless of the level or experience of your instrumentalists or the combinations of instruments involved.
- Teachers or practitioners looking for new approaches to working with bands, orchestras, choirs and ensembles – On Cue is a great way to enhance your music provision by engaging musicians of all levels.
- Anyone looking to set up an inclusive ensemble of mixed ability.
What Is Included?
- A full day training course
- Download link to the On Cue materials consisting of:
- Teacher guide
- Relevant notations
- Relevant backing tracks
- Key charts
- Seating plans
- Expert guidance through a practical and enjoyable workshop
- The chance to network with local teachers
- Refreshments and lunch
Benefits of Musical Futures training
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
- Opportunities to develop new ideas for inclusive extra-curricular music in school
Book Your Place
Professional development is offered at rates starting at £145 per person, and includes:
- Lunch and refreshments
- A download link to the On Cue teachers pack and relevant resources/video guides
- Refreshments and lunch
If you are currently training as a teacher or are in full time education you can take advantage of our student rate starting at £75
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7250 8323