The Day Will Include:
Start With A Set Work – Performance
- Exploring a set work to examine specific musical features as a basis for classroom performance
- Developing student knowledge and understanding of key musical concepts through classroom performance.
Start With A Set Work – Composition
- Exploring a set work (examples from all major examination boards available) to identify key features typical of a style or genre as a stimulus for student composition.
- Identifying strategies to assist students with composing using improvisation to collaboratively create and compose new works that reflect the key features of a style or genre.
Composing and Improvising
- Ideas and resources to connect listening and composing briefs
- Using a rhythmic groove as a starting point.
- Developing melodic ideas by adding instrumental lines
- Exploring structure, texture, complimentary chords and other musical features to develop compositions further.
Songwriting – Applying creative skills to a task
- Exploring a series of starting points for songwriting
- Using a variety of approaches to help your students with songwriting – practical activities and resources to support the process!
Book Your Place
A full day of Steps to Success in GCSE Music professional development is offered at £130 (Early Bird)/£150 (Standard) per person, and includes:Professional development is offered at rates starting at £125 per person, and includes:
- Your choice of 3 x exclusive Start With A Set Work Resource Packs complete with ideas for performing and composing guidance notes & resources as modelled during the workshop (only available to those attending the course)
- Your choice of 3 x GCSE set work playalong (options from all exam board specifications available)
- Musical Futures Songwriting resource
- Refreshments and lunch
Note: Delegates following the OCR GCSE exam specification are welcome to attend as much of the content will be also applicable.
For students in full time education, completing a PGCE or on School Direct you can take advantage of our student rate of £75. Please bring your student ID with you to the event.
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7250 8323