The RSL Level 2 Certificates in performance, technology and composition provide an ideal programme of study for students at key stage four who have thrived through the Musical Futures practical approaches to learning at key stage three.
This course will ensure that delegates understand the specification, assessment criteria and opportunities for practical, real-world student focused learning offered by the qualification. We will also look at how Musical Futures resources can be used to enhance learning and make the course accessible for all students.
Examples of best practice will be shared including sample student work (video recordings & written activities that have been successfully moderated) along with model assignment briefs and assessment/verification protocols.
This course is for teachers who will be entering students for certification in 2019 ONLY
Aims of the course
- Understand the requirements of the RSL Music Practitioners specification
- Develop your understanding of the grading criteria and apply it to student work in order to assess effectively
- Develop your confidence in creating effective assignment briefs
- Explore opportunities for developing vocational links to enhance learning
- Develop your knowledge of how Musical Futures resources can provide accessible approaches to teaching to engage all students
- Understand the systems and processes needed to deliver RSL courses effectively
Please note: this course is designed for those who are interested in seeing how a practical approach like Musical Futures can be used to deliver this kind of qualification and are seeking ideas and practical advice on how a successful centre for the RSL qualification approaches the specification and assessment criteria. The course is delivered by an experienced RSL teacher but RSL staff are not present on the day.
1: Qualification Overview – Develop your understanding of the course and the specification
2: Writing Assignment Briefs – Learn how to write assignment briefs that engage learners in practical, real-world learning activities and make the most of the Musical Futures informal learning and classroom workshopping pedagogies
3: Grading Criteria & Assessment – Understand how to unpick the assessment criteria in order to assess accurately
4: Centre systems – Learn about the policies, systems and internal verification procedures required to run the programme successfully
5: Resources – Explore how Musical Futures resources can be used to engage all students in practical music making throughout the course
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suited to:
- Heads of Department
- Classroom teachers in Secondary/FE
- Instrumental teachers/freelance staff involved in RSL delivery
- Sessions led by an experienced teacher
- Example assignment briefs
- Sample student work to review/use as exemplar material
- Assessment activities to develop confidence
- Sample internal verification logs
- Examplar centre systems and protocols
Benefits of Musical Futures training
- Based in a school setting
- Increase student participation in creative subjects
- Led by a practising teacher who understands the realities of classroom teaching and delivering the RSL course with students
Book Your Place
Professional development is offered at at £125 (Early Bird)/£145 Standard per person, and includes:
- All related resources
- Lunch and refreshments
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7250 8323