Musical Futures is working in partnership with Norfolk Music Hub to offer FREE Musical Futures professional development training to all teachers and trainee teachers teaching in Academies and maintained schools within Norfolk.
Teachers in Norfolk schools or independent schools are welcome to attend – usual ticket prices will apply.
The RSL Level 2 Certificates in performance, technology and composition provide an ideal programme of study for students at key stage four who have thrived through the Musical Futures practical approaches to learning at key stage three. Now approved by the DfE for inclusion in 2019 league tables, this course will ensure that delegates understand the specification, assessment criteria and opportunities for practical, real-world student focused learning offered by the qualification. We will also look at how Musical Futures resources can be used to enhance learning and make the course accessible for all students.
Examples of best practice will be shared including sample student work (video recordings & written activities that have been successfully moderated) along with model assignment briefs and assessment/verification protocols.
Aims of the course
- Understand the requirements of the RSL Music Practitioners specification
- Develop your understanding of the grading criteria and apply it to student work in order to assess effectively
- Develop your confidence in creating effective assignment briefs
- Explore opportunities for developing vocational links to enhance learning
- Develop your knowledge of how Musical Futures resources can provide accessible approaches to teaching to engage all students
- Understand the systems and processes needed to deliver RSL courses effectively
1: Qualification Overview – Develop your understanding of the course and the specification
2: Writing Assignment Briefs – Learn how to write assignment briefs that engage learners in practical, real-world learning activities and make the most of the Musical Futures informal learning and classroom workshopping pedagogies
3: Grading Criteria & Assessment – Understand how to unpick the assessment criteria in order to assess accurately
4: Centre systems – Learn about the policies, systems and internal verification procedures required to run the programme successfully
5: Resources – Explore how Musical Futures resources can be used to engage all students in practical music making throughout the course
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suited to:
- Heads of Department
- Classroom teachers in Secondary/FE
- Instrumental teachers/freelance staff involved in RSL delivery
- Sessions led by an experienced teacher
- Example assignment briefs
- Sample student work to review/use as exemplar material
- Assessment activities to develop confidence
- Sample internal verification logs
- Examplar centre systems and protocols
Benefits of Musical Futures training
- Based in a school setting
- Increase student participation in creative subjects
- Led by a practising teacher who understands the realities of classroom teaching and delivering the RSL course with students
Book Your Place
Professional development is offered at rates starting at £117 per person, and includes:
- Lunch and refreshments
Cancellation policy: read our terms and conditions HERE
Secure your place by booking online using the form below. All courses are payable via credit/debit card, PayPal or invoice. For more information contact email@example.com or call 020 7250 8323