About This Resource
A key pillar of one of our most popular training programmes, the Just Play resource is our Musical Futures ‘first access’ programme for both teachers and students.
It is designed to build holistic musical skills and an understanding of how to play as a whole class band using ukulele, keyboard, guitar and bass. .
Providing step by step guidance in supporting students with their musical development, the Just Play resource is ideal for non-specialist teachers of ages 8-14. For both primary and secondary music specialists the Just Play resource can be adapted for use in a variety of contexts.
The Just Play resource comprises of 6 sections contained in PowerPoint format. This allows for easy editing and adaptation to suit a variety of different contexts.
Each of the 6 Sections Contain:
- Activities to get students playing straight away, starting with clapping the pulse and call and response activities to music
- Warm ups which gradually progress in difficulty
- 2, 3 and 4 ‘chord jams’ and medleys to allow for practice in changing chords or taking it in turns to play on each instrument
- ‘Strip Back to Bass’: showing root or bass note on each instrument
- Just Play rhythms and riffs
- Just Play video ‘playalong’ full track– allowing the class to ‘playalong’ to a full track with backing track and lyrics that on either ukulele, bass, guitar or keyboard cues
- Just Play ‘playalong’ click track – allowing the class to ‘playalong’ without the backing track while still following the visual cues (for eventual live performance without backing track)
- Accompanying teacher notes including curriculum mapping and a sample half termly plan
- ‘Key cards’ for keyboard – a simple yet effective method for quickly learning root position chords in any key
The materials are contained in PowerPoint format.
Please check you have the following minimum operating system requirements before downloading the resource:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or later
- Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 or later should be installed
- To ensure fluid playback on a monitor and speakers, your computer should have a suitable video card, sound card, drivers and cables installed.
Please consult your network administrator for further advice or email email@example.com before purchase.
The resource costs £110 – select PayPal, credit / debit card or invoice at checkout. Please note: All orders requested via invoice should include details of your finance department. You must also have raised a Purchase Order Number or similar prior to ordering.
Upon purchase/invoice request you will be sent an email containing links to download the resource. For queries and support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Any unauthorised copying or re-selling of the resource will constitute an infringement of copyright (c) Musical Futures 2019
The Musical Futures Just Play training programme provides expert guidance through a practical introduction, and how to use the resource in your classroom. Just Play Resources are included as part of the training. Full details here.
Pay by PayPal or credit/debit card or select pay by invoice at checkout. For billing queries please contact email@example.com
Excellent workshops ‑ extremely accessible for all abilities and levels.
Claire Armour, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra