About This Resource
A set of easy songs for ukulele and a simple step by step guide to playing which is suitable for beginners and supports the development of instrumental skills on the ukulele using practical activities which cover strum patterns, chord shapes and easy chord progressions.
The Songbook contains:
Six video playalong songs: containing 2-3 ukulele chords which change with the song and suggested rhythms (see below for contents)
Free Ukulele teaching resource:
- All the instructions needed (even if you don’t play ukulele!) to position chords on the ukulele starting with easy chords – Am, F and C and working up to Em, G and D. For a guide to the chords covered in the resource (excluding activities, strum patterns and video playalongs) click HERE
- Activities to get pupils playing the ukulele straight away – call and response activities and strum patterns on each of the chords
- 2 chord jams to practice changing chord or taking it in turns to play
- She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain – C, F, G
- You Are My Sunshine (Jasmine Thompson) – C, F, G
- Rock Around the Clock (Bill Haley & His Comets) – C, F, G
- Hound Dog (Elvis Presley) – C, F, G
- I Have A Dream (ABBA) – C, F, G
- Paradise (George Ezra)– C, F, G
All ukulele playlongs use this easy format:
The materials are contained in PowerPoint format.
Please check you have the following minimum operating system requirements before downloading the resource:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or later
- Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 or later should be installed
- To ensure fluid playback on a monitor and speakers, your computer should have a suitable video card, sound card, drivers and cables installed.
Please consult your network administrator for further advice or email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchase.
The resource costs £30.00 – select PayPal, credit / debit card or invoice at checkout. Please note: All orders requested via invoice should include details of your finance department. You must also have raised a Purchase Order Number or similar prior to ordering.
Upon purchase/invoice request you will be sent an email containing links to download the resource. For queries and support please contact email@example.com
Disclaimer: Any unauthorised copying or re-selling of the resource will constitute an infringement of copyright (c) Musical Futures 2020
Pay by PayPal or credit/debit card or select pay by invoice at checkout. For billing queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent workshops ‑ extremely accessible for all abilities and levels.
Claire Armour, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra