Starting at £125+VAT per person including all resources
Starting at £62.50+VAT for students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
What people are saying out Musical Futures: Composing and Improvising
“Very useful. Helped to improve my confidence with songwriting which I had never done before”
“Great fun and full of great ideas for the practical music classroom”
Musical Futures approach to Composing and Improvising gives students the skills needed to tackle the demands of exam board composing unit requirements and is delivered in practical ways that are musical as well as theoretical. Take an existing piece of music, break it down, transform it, improvise on its various elements and collaboratively create and compose new works. The approach is about unpicking and understanding music from the inside out and is full of strategies to build confidence with composing and improvising that can be used with students of any age.
Who is it for?
- Heads of Music
- Teachers interested in practical approaches for composing with classes
- Secondary Music specialists
- Classroom music teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
Why attend this course?
Four workshop sessions focus on:
- Making music analysis a practical activity
- Developing tools to increase student skill and confidence with improvising
- Approaches for getting students started with songwriting
- Ideas and resources to make GCSE music vital, practical and engaging
What will I take away from a Composing & Improvising course?
- All the materials and resources used in the training are available (free to delegates) to use in the classroom straight away
- Approaches to composing and improvising that your students will love and you’ll love to teach
- Expert guidance through practical and enjoyable workshops
- The chance to network with local teachers