Musical Futures DJ Skills is designed for teachers and those working with young people in informal music settings who are looking to develop the skills needed to deliver DJ’ing as part of the curriculum and/or to support students at KS3/4 to learn the skills necessary to consider this as option for performance at examination level.
DJ’ing can be a great way to engage students in musical learning using technology that is synonymous with many of the styles of music that young people are listening to today. Our Musical Futures: DJ Skills workshop is designed for teachers who are interested in developing their schemes of work to include DJ Skills at KS3 and KS4, but who have limited experience in this area and want to develop their confidence and knowledge of how to support their students and plan effective schemes of learning using this technology.
The approach has been developed by a professional DJ and secondary school teacher, and has been carefully planned to ensure that the course allows plenty of time for practical learning so that teachers can become confident in mixing tracks, triggering samples and using a USB DJ controller alongside Serato DJ software.
- Understand how to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making
- Explore ways to engage all students in practical music making through the use of relevant and authentic music technology resources
- Develop confidence in DJing, and the skills involved to perform effectively using a DJ controller
- Develop classroom approaches that provide a catalyst to involve all students, particularly disadvantaged groups in music, and increase the numbers of students opting for Music at KS4
- Build essential performance skills amongst students that will promote achievement and attainment in music
- Understand how the approach works with students
Morpeth Secondary School, London
Lewis School, Pengam
Register your interest
Musical Futures training days, in-house consultancy and workshops are offered predominantly across the UK and Europe.
Can’t see a workshop near you? Register your interest or email us your Training Request