The Musical Futures: Everyone Can Play twilight and full day workshops offer practical music making session exploring our Everyone Can Play resources for beginners
Twilight workshop includes a FREE copy of Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource – class materials all ready for classroom use straight away.
Full day workshop includes FREE copies of Everyone Can Play: Ukulele resource, our NEW Everyone Can Play Guitar and Everyone Can Play Keyboard resources PLUS your choice of our NEW Everyone Can Play Songbook (for the either ukulele, guitar or keyboard).
Aims of the Course
Everyone Can Play is designed to engage all teachers in making music with their classes whether they consider themselves to be musicians, music specialists, musical or not and will enable children to develop musical skills, build confidence and support their overall personal development.
Engage students in whole class music making by providing a simple step by step resource, suitable for beginners, that supports the development of instrumental skills on the ukulele using practical activities which cover strum patterns, chord shapes and easy chord progressions.
Everyone Can Play training allows delegates to:
- Understand how to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making.
- Explore ways to ensure that students are fully engaged in lessons.
- Develop confidence in promoting and identifying outstanding progress in music learning.
- Develop classroom approaches that provide a catalyst to involve all students, including disadvantaged groups in extra-curricular music making.
- Build essential performance skills amongst students that will promote achievement and attainment in music.
- See how the approach can work with students.
For primary class teachers – who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists. Everything is included to enable you to teach ukulele, keyboard or guitar having never played before!
For primary and secondary music specialists – Everyone Can Play is a great start to learning chord shapes, easy chord progressions and basic riffs for students.
For instrumental teachers – Everyone Can Play can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Learning.