Everyone Can Play is designed to equip all teachers with the confidence, skills and resources to make music with their classes whether they consider themselves to be musical or not. The approach enables children to develop basic musical skills and knowledge, confidence and supports their ensemble musicianship skills through an engaging curriculum.
Our simple, step by step approach is perfect for young beginner musicians and includes everything you need to teach ukulele, keyboard or guitar having never played yourself! There are three separate resources covering different instruments: keyboard, ukulele and guitar, which will allow primary teachers to tailor the approach depending on the resources available within their school.
Whatever your level of experience, we’ll get you playing and show you how to use this practical, hands-on resource with your learners!
Aims of the Course
- Develop the confidence of teachers, who aren’t necessarily musicians themselves, to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making
- Explore ways to ensure that all learners are fully engaged in authentic music lessons
- Develop confidence in playing and teaching strumming/rhythmic patterns, chord shapes and easy chord progressions
- Understand how to develop ensemble musicianship skills, teamwork and performance skills
- Exploring – Discover how the Everyone Can Play Ukulele, Guitar and Keyboard resources can aid the develop of foundational instrumental skills in a whole class setting
- Performing: Using material from the Everyone Can Play resources, discover how to teach essential skills for learning chords, harmonic/strumming patterns in preparation for performing a range of songs at different levels
- Developing: Explore repertoire from our Everyone Can Play songbooks to put the musical knowledge acquired into practice using popular songs that are relevant to students
What Is Included?
- Full teacher guide
- Everyone Can Play Ukulele, Guitar and Keyboard resource (RRP £120)
- Everyone Can Play Songbooks for Ukulele, Guitar or Keyboard (RRP £150)
- Refreshments and lunch
Who Is It For?
- Primary class teachers who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists.
- For primary and secondary music specialists – Everyone Can Play is a great start to learning chord shapes, easy chord progressions and basic riffs for students.
- For instrumental teachers – Everyone Can Play can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Learning.
Benefits of Musical Futures Training
- Our Everyone Can Play courses are based in primary school settings – a chance to see another department/school in action
- An opportunity to see a class in action (where possible)
- Led by experienced classroom teachers who use this approach with their students
- All of our courses are designed to give you the confidence, knowledge and resources to start delivery in your school the following day!
- An opportunity to network with other music teachers
Book your place
There are currently no upcoming events!
Register your interest we'll be in touch when we do.