Musical Futures: Find Your Voice is a practical, hands-on, inclusive approach for engaging students of all ages with singing through vocal work and the integration of mobile technology. The approach looks at a range of teaching and learning strategies to engage all students with singing in the classroom and to help them feel confident about using their voices and mobile technology to create and explore music.
Find Your Voice developed in response to the 2012 Music in Schools: Wider Still and Wider report that highlighted the scarcity of good vocal work in secondary schools, where nearly half of those inspected were judged inadequate for singing, and the underuse of music technology across all levels were found to be significant barriers to musical progress.
Integrated with the Find Your Voice approach and training is the exploration of the use of mobile phones and tablets as tools for enhancing, extending and creating music. This use of technology has been powerful in demonstrating to teachers and students that mobile devices can be powerful instruments in their own right.
Aims of the Course
Find Your Voice training is offered as a Half Day or Twilight workshop
- Explore a range of innovative icebreakers and warm-ups using both body and vocal percussion to develop vocal confidence in your students.
- Develop a capella work through vocalising rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies culminating in ideas for unique vocal performances in your classroom
- How to create new arrangement of an existing song using mobile technology – through looping, sequencing and recording sections of a song
- Discover a variety of instrument apps available on mobile devices to enhance what has been learnt vocally.
- How to create a unique composition using vocals and technology using the skills and techniques developed during day
- Learn how this approach can be adapted to engage the students in your classroom.
Book your place
There are currently no upcoming events!
Register your interest we'll be in touch when we do.