Designed around the ethos and pedagogies of Musical Futures as a basis for developing excellence in all arts subjects, we will look at examples of how this has been applied successfully to art and drama lessons.
Throughout the day we will explore how to develop a curriculum that places practical, immersive learning experiences at the heart of the arts subjects and immerses students in real world learning, whilst fulfilling whole school requirements. In addition, there will be sessions on data, funding and assessment along with exploring effective leadership in the current challenging educational environment.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in attending a Leading Creative Subjects in Secondary Schools workshop or would like to host at your school/organisation.
This course is particularly suited to heads of department or faculty leaders of arts based subjects, or those who are aspiring to leadership roles within secondary schools:
- Explore approaches to developing student engagement through real world learning to raise attainment & aspiration
- Understand how to develop relevant curriculum and programmes of study
- Explore options for study at key stage four
- Develop your skills as a middle leader
- Develop knowledge of fundraising opportunities and explore bid-writing
- Understand how to interpret data to drive improvement
- Explore practical ways to match the creative aspects of arts subjects with whole-school agendas
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suited to heads of department or faculty leaders of arts based subjects, or those who are aspiring to leadership roles within secondary schools.