Making Music Primary training and resources are equally suited to both generalist teachers and specialist teachers of music – no prior experience of teaching music is expected with teachers able to extend and develop activities as they feel appropriate, subject to their own and their pupils’ needs.
This is the perfect curriculum resource to engage your pupils in group music making, whilst supporting teachers to feel confident with the approach. Warm up exercises, rhythm and clapping games, playing as a whole class are covered from beginner stages to full class performances using specially created backing tracks all contained within an easy to use downloadable resource (no reliance on internet access during lessons)!
The resource offers teachers step by step guidance to teaching music through an exciting interactive resource aimed at Years 2 to 6. Introduce rhythmic awareness, musical knowledge and instrumental skill development using the instruments on your music trolley plus ukuleles, acoustic guitars and even keyboards (where available).
Aims of the Course
- Develop the confidence of teachers, who aren’t necessarily musicians themselves, to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making
- Explore ways to ensure that all learners are fully engaged in authentic music lessons
- Develop confidence in playing and teaching pulse/rhythmic patterns
- Explore resources to help teachers with beginner ensemble performances using a range of classroom instruments
- Understand how to develop ensemble musicianship, teamwork and performance skills
- Exploring: Discover how to develop foundation musical and instrumental skills in a whole class setting
- Developing pulse and rhythm skills: Teaching essential skills for developing a sense of pulse using body percussion and untuned percussion
- Developing instrumental skills: Use tuned percussion, ukulele, guitar and keyboards to learn chords and develop harmonic and rhythmic patterns in preparation for performing a range of songs for all abilities
- Performing: Discover how to develop and lead whole-class performances with your pupils
What Is Included?
- Full teacher guide
- Making Music Primary – Body Percussion, Untuned Percussion, Tuned Percussion, plus Ukulele, Guitar or Keyboard resource (RRP £250)
- Refreshments and lunch
Who Is It For?
Primary class teachers – who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists.
Primary music co-ordinators – responsible for developing resources and equipment
Instrumental teachers – can be adapted by teachers engaged in Whole Class Learning.
Benefits of Musical Futures Training
- Based in a school setting – A chance to see another department/school in action
- An opportunity to see a class in action (where possible)
- Led by experienced classroom teachers
- All of our courses are designed to give you the confidence, knowledge and resources to start delivery in your school the following day!
- An opportunity to network with other music teachers
What Our Delegates Say About This Course
“This will be transformational in my teaching! For a primary school, we have enough instruments to make this work and now that I have a clear understanding of the pedagogy of Musical Futures I cannot wait to see how the children progress as musicians! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Rebecca Jennings – Music Co-ordinator, Knop Law Primary School
Book your place
There are currently no upcoming events!
Register your interest we'll be in touch when we do.