£145 per person including all related resources – backing tracks/playalongs teacher notes etc
£75 for students in full time education, completing a PGCE or on School Direct (please remember to bring your student ID with you to the event)
Musical Futures – Steps to Success in GCSE Music: Norfolk (FREE for teachers in Norfolk)
Musical Futures – Steps to Success in GCSE Music: Leeds booking soon
Interested in booking Musical Futures – Steps to Success in GCSE Music training? Register your interest for our 2017-18 programme HERE and we’ll let you know when events are open for booking.
The full day Musical Futures – Steps to Success in GCSE Music workshop gives ideas and strategies for teaching that are musical as well as theoretical.
Exploring practical ways to analyse, unpick and understand GCSE music set works through workshopping, composing and improvising will support students to transition successfully from Key Stage 3 – where music frequently has a focus on practical work – to the demands of GCSE music:
- GCSE music is made more accessible for all students and specifically those students who may not have come to study GCSE via formal instrumental lessons.
- Creative and practical approaches to listening, appraising, composing and performing make key terms and concepts easier to learn.
- Research shows that students are more likely retain the learning if they are actively engaged in the process
Who is it for?
This course is particularly suited to teachers who are interested in exploring practical approaches to teaching music at KS4.
- Heads of Music
- Secondary music specialists
- Classroom music teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly qualified music teachers
To Be Confirmed
William Ellis School
Register your interest
Musical Futures training days are currently being scheduled in: Yorkshire, London, North West, South West, North East, Midlands, Northern Ireland and Scotland.