Much of the music young people are listening to today is created using a computer and Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software. This course is designed to help teachers develop confidence and skills to deliver authentic music technology lessons rooted in the music that students like, enjoy and identify with and to help engage them in deep learning about music.
The day includes:
- Includes up to £200 of free Musical Futures resources to use with your students including Musical Futures Rap Resource plus two Musical Futures ‘In The Style Of…’ resource packs
- Lunch and refreshments
- This course and resources are ideal for teachers of K3 & KS4. The approach can also help to develop skills for instrumental teachers or those working in the non-formal sector, such as youth leaders.
Aims of the Course
Musical Futures: Technology in the Music Classroom takes a look at the practical, real-world student focused learning offered by incorporating music technology into your teaching
- Learn the all the skills and techniques involved in remixing a piece of music from a world class artist!
- Develop your sampling, arrangement, song structure and beat-making skills.
- Explore Musical Futures music tech ‘In The Style Of…’ Resource packs (2 of which are included as part of the course) and learn how to get started with them straight away in school
Composing & Creating:
- Discover how to create a rap track in an authentic way.
- Learn about lyric writing, recording vocals, creating a beat and production.
Equipment & Practicalities:
- Develop knowledge, skills and an understanding of the practicalities of classroom management using music technology
- Discuss ways of organising space and equipment for the most effective lessons.
Book your place
There are currently no upcoming events!
Register your interest we'll be in touch when we do.