Much of the music young people are listening to today is created using a computer and Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software. This course is designed to help teachers develop confidence and skills to deliver authentic music technology lessons rooted in the music that students like, enjoy and identify with and to help engage them in deep learning about music.
Aims of the Course
- Examine the practical, real-world student focused learning offered by incorporating music technology into your teaching
- Understand how to deliver authentic music technology lessons that stimulate creativity through the effective use of digital technology as way to engage learners
- Explore specially created music technology resources designed develop teacher confidence in delivering music technology in the classroom
- Learn the all the skills and techniques involved in remixing a piece of music from a world class artist!
- Develop your sampling, arrangement, song structure and beat-making skills.
- Explore Musical Futures music tech ‘In The Style Of…’ Resource packs (2 of which are included as part of the course) and learn how to get started with them straight away in school
Composing & Creating:
- Discover how to create a rap track in an authentic way.
- Learn about lyric writing, recording vocals, creating a beat and production.
Equipment & Practicalities:
- Develop knowledge, skills and an understanding of the practicalities of classroom management using music technology
- Discuss ways of organising space and equipment for the most effective lessons.
What Is Included?
- £200 of free Musical Futures resources to use with your students including Musical Futures Rap Resource plus two Musical Futures ‘In The Style Of…’ resource packs
- Lunch and refreshments
Who Is It For?
- Secondary music teachers who wish to introduce more music technology into KS3 & 4
- Instrumental teachers/freelance staff who wish to develop their skills in music technology delivery
- Those working in the non-formal sector, such as youth leaders.
Book your place
There are currently no upcoming events!
Register your interest we'll be in touch when we do.