If you are are interested in seeing how a practical approach like Musical Futures can be used to deliver Teaching RSL Level 2 RSL Level 2 Certificate Music Practitioners Course and are seeking ideas and practical advice, then this course is for you!
This course is delivered by teachers who are experienced in the teaching of vocational music qualifications such as Teaching RSL Level 2 Certificate Music Practitioners Course and who use them successfully in their contexts.
The day includes:
- Includes up to £200 of free Musical Futures resources designed to support your students with these qualifications including Musical Futures songwriting pack, playalongs and music technology!
- Lunch and refreshments
- This course is particularly suited to Heads of Department, classroom teachers in Secondary/FE, instrumental teachers/freelance staff involved in the delivery of vocational qualifications
Note: This course is offered by Musical Futures and representatives from RSL are not present on the day.
Aims of the Course
Musical Futures: Teaching RSL Level 2 Certificate Music Practitioners Course takes a look at the practical, real-world student focused learning offered by these qualifications and how Musical Futures approaches and resources can be used to enhance learning, make the course accessible for all students and contribute to the teaching of vocational qualification specifications.
- Develop student knowledge, experience and practical understanding of musical genres through classroom performance
- Look at a series of starting points for songwriting using a variety of approaches -practical activities and resources to help your students with songwriting.
- Explore music tech resources to use as a remix or composition activity allowing your students to create authentic music using technology in the classroom. Equally, this could also be used to scaffold a performance activity, allowing students to mute particular parts whilst they play along
Discussion & Plenary – Next Steps, Q&A etc
- Running Teaching RSL Level 2 Certificate Music Practitioners Course – a chance to ask questions, share ideas, experiences and discuss the practicalities of running vocational music qualifications.
Note: The course will refer to the following qualifications:
- Teaching the RSL Level 2 Certificate Music Practitioners Course