Starting at £95+VAT per person including all resources
Starting at £42.50+VAT per students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This is Musical Futures: It’s the Way We Learn is the ultimate introduction to Musical Futures as we explore informal learning, classroom workshopping, Find Your Voice and our new skills-based programme Just Play. Think you know Musical Futures? Find out through this series of practical, fun and inspirational workshops, packed with ideas to take back to the classroom straight away.
This is a hands on, practical, musical day led by a practitioner who has used Musical Futures in the classroom. You will experience Musical Futures from the viewpoint of your learners and participate in taster sessions for all the Musical Futures approaches to ensure that you will leave with ideas and resources you can use straight away!
Who is it for?
- Primary music co-ordinators
- Primary music specialists
- Secondary Music specialists
- Classroom music teachers
- Instrumental teachers
- Trainee music teachers
- Newly Qualified music teachers
Why attend this course?
You will learn how Musical Futures approaches can help to:
- improve the transition from primary to secondary music
- develop fresh ideas for composing, improvising, performing and listening
- challenge more advanced musicians through new routes to learning music in class
- get more students taking up instrumental lessons
- increase participation in concerts and performances
- improve engagement with classroom music for all ages
- increase numbers of students opting to participate in music
- provide practical ideas for how to deliver examinations courses
- All the materials and resources (free) to use in your classroom straight away
- An approach that your students will love and you’ll love to teach
- Expert guidance through a practical and fun workshop
- Lunch and refreshments
- Membership of Musical Futures to include access to members-only resources, equipment deals, offers and more
- Access to our international teacher network to share ideas with like-minded teachers across the world
Workshop 1: Informal Learning Taster
Go ‘in at the deep end’ with us. Choose the music, choose the instruments, define your own pathway through the task and create your very own version of a song of your choice!
Workshop 2: Classroom Workshopping Taster
Compose a piece of music as a group from scratch. Learn how improvised rhythms are the perfect starting point to create and build on a whole-class groove. Let ideas from the group shape the music as it unfolds
Workshop 3: Find Your Voice Taster
Learn how to break down a piece of music vocally, singing songs you will recognise together as a group
Workshop 4: Musical Futures: Just Play Taster
Try out our brand new whole class skills-building approach