CALLING ALL TEACHERS OF MUSIC
This course includes:
- A full day workshop with hands on practical activity
- A 12 month Premium membership of Musical Futures Online worth £149
- Tea/coffee and light refreshments
Download JustPlay: Whole Class Music Making at KS3 Course Details HERE
Full details and booking below:
Our newly updated JustPlay online resource is designed to provide a vibrant and authentic curriculum approach that engages students in whole class music making.
The step by step interactive resources support the development of musical knowledge and rhythmic awareness alongside instrumental skill development on drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and ukulele. Students have the opportunity to play each instrument by rotation which ensures a level of challenge and breadth of experience.
The use of backing tracks and music that students like, enjoy and identify with throughout the resource ensures a high level of engagement whilst scaffolding learning. Opportunities for differentiation within the resource mean that it is equally suited to students at both upper primary and secondary stages of education from years 5 – 9, and can be adapted to cater for students of all abilities.
The JustPlay interactive teaching resources are a great way to get students playing together as a large group. Not only do they provide a safety net for students and teachers to experiment with whole class music making but they allow everyone to take part, regardless of prior musical experience.
Our extensive JustPlay Playalong Library containing both popular and classical music genres plus suggested repertoire included in the Model Music Curriculum is updated each month, ensuring that repertoire is always fresh, contemporary, accessible and engaging.
Aims of the Course
- Explore ways to deliver outstanding lessons and ensure that students are fully engaged in lessons
- Build confidence in teaching drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and ukulele
- Examine curriculum and classroom approaches that ensure students are developing knowledge through immersion in practical activities
- Develop classroom approaches that provide a catalyst to involve all students, including disadvantaged groups in music making
- Learn how to build essential performance skills amongst students that will promote achievement and attainment in music
- Building Skills: Explore how to develop instrumental skills in a whole class setting and how this approach can foster outstanding learning in your own classroom
- Performing: Perform a range of current popular songs and discover how the resources can be used to scaffold learning and develop performance skills allowing all learners to engage and achieve, whatever their level of ability
- Next Steps: Explore the best way to implement JustPlay in your classroom/department and gain practical advice from teachers on how to ensure that this approach can promote outstanding teaching and learning
- Developing JustPlay: Ideas for further developing essential musical skills using the Just Play resources as the basis for improvising and composing linked to key Musical Futures pedagogy
Who is it for?
- For primary and secondary music specialists – JustPlay is a great start to build on existing musical knowledge whilst developing confidence in playing as an ensemble
- For instrumental teachers – JustPlay can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Learning
Why attend this workshop?
Teachers who attend this training report that they value:
- Being able to see how another secondary school organises their music curriculum
- An opportunity to see a class in action (where possible)
- Working with experienced classroom practitioner who uses this approach with their students
- Trying out practical activities which instil them with the confidence, knowledge and resources to start delivery in their school the following day!
- An opportunity to network with other music teachers
What People Say About JustPlay Training
“The session was delivered with a clear passion and enthusiasm for music making and its pedagogy, which was entirely infectious. The resources have clearly had a huge amount of time spent on both their design and creation. Genuinely a brilliant session, thanks for organising it!”
“This was a fantastic day, giving me lots of ideas and reinvigorating how I approach things. It will influence our schemes of work and how they are delivered massively right from Year 7 upwards.”
Book Your Place
- This workshop is available at £130 – £149 – up to two members of staff from the same school may attend, there is no additional charge per person
- Places are limited and are available on a first come first served basis
When booking your place please note our Cancellation Policy
How to Book:
- Secure your place online by using the Book Now button below