Please note: This full day’s training also incorporates our Everyone Can Play entry level whole class ukulele approach in addition to Just Play.
Just Play: building essential musical skills is our Musical Futures ‘first access’ programme for both teachers and students. One of our most popular programmes, Just Play is designed to build holistic musical skills and an understanding of how to play as a whole class band using ukulele, keyboard, guitar and bass (but can be adapted for whatever instruments you have access to in your classroom).
The day includes:
A full day training course delivered in a school setting, and involving a class of students (where possible)
A teachers guide and resource packs containing:
- A download link to the full Just Play materials and resource (worth £110), which provides a full scheme of work, teacher notes, class materials and play alongs all ready for classroom use straight away.
- A download link to the Everyone Can Play: Ukulele materials and resource (worth £40), which provides a full scheme of work, teacher notes, class materials and play alongs all ready for classroom use straight away.
- Exclusive Playalong Pack – 3 x additional playalongs of your choice
Refreshments and lunch.
Aims of the Course
Our Just Play training will demonstrate how to engage students in whole class music making using our a simple step by step Just Play resource – supporting the development of instrumental skills on drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and ukulele, using music that students like, enjoy and identify with. As the students rotate regularly, they all play each instrument ensuring a level of challenge and breadth of experience, whatever their level of ability:
- Discover the differentiation opportunities within the Just Play resource which make it ideally suited to students of from ages 8-14.
- Explore the Just Play Playalongs contained in the resources – a great way to get students playing together as a large group and provide a safety net for BOTH students and teachers to experiment with whole class music making allowing everyone to take part, regardless of prior musical experience.
- Increase numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increase student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to your ow teaching and own musicianship
For primary music specialists:
Just Play can be adapted for use with a range of instruments within the primary classroom – our training ensures that you are equipped to use the resource back in your school using a variety of instruments.
For secondary music teachers:
This is a great way to build basic instrumental skills on a range of instruments commonly found in the secondary classroom and is ideal for use with ages 11-14 (years 7 – 9).
For instrumental teachers:
Just Play can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Learning.