£125+VAT per person including Just Play Premium Resource.
£62.50 for students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Musical Futures: Just Play is the new skills-building approach from Musical Futures.
It is designed to engage all teachers in making music with their classes whether they consider themselves to be musicians, music specialists, musical or not and will enable children to develop musical skills, build confidence and support their overall personal development.
Aimed at students aged between 8-14, the approach involves practical music making as a whole class that starts from and builds on music students like, recognise and engage with.
The Premium Resources provided as part of the Just Play training course have been created around Musical Futures pedagogies and approaches, incorporating many of the key principles of Musical Futures.
Please note that Musical Futures: Just Play is designed to enhance, rather than replace, any specialist music provision that primary schools may already engage with.
Who is it for?
For any teacher of years 4-6:
This approach to music teaching has been designed and scaffolded for general classroom teachers who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists.
For primary music specialists:
Just Play can be adapted for use with a range of instruments or to build on Whole Class Ensemble Tuition
For secondary music teachers:
This is a great way to build basic instrumental skills on a range of instruments commonly found in the secondary classroom and is ideal for use with years 7-9.
Why attend this course?
What will I take away from a Just Play course?
- Receive a suite of materials and resources that are immediately ready for use in the classroom straight away. The full Just Play resource includes teacher notes, class materials and play alongs
- An approach that your students will love and you’ll love to teach
- Expert guidance through a practical and enjoyable workshop
- The chance to network with local teachers
- Access to discounted equipment for your school through our retail partners UCanPlay
About Musical Futures Training
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
Session 1: Building Skills
- Explore how to develop instrumental skills in a whole class setting using ukulele, guitar, keyboards, bass and drums.
- Develop an understanding of how this approach can foster outstanding learning in your own classroom.
Session 2: Build Your Band
- Have a go at performing a range of current popular songs at different levels with our exclusive Just Play play alongs – there’s something for everyone and even some chair drumming thrown in for good measure!
- Look at how performances can be used to measure progress
Session 3: Next Steps with Just Play
- Discuss with others the best way to implement Just Play in your classroom or department to get started tomorrow!
- Gain practical advice on how to ensure that this approach can promote outstanding teaching and learning
Session 4 : Just Play in Action (where circumstances allow)
- See the approach delivered to a class
- Observe how peer and self-assessment can be used to promote excellence in music lessons
Shoreditch Park Primary School
Register your interest
Just Play training days are currently being scheduled in:
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Exeter, Western-Super-Mare, Cardiff, Newcastle, Durham, Herts, Essex, London, Norfolk, Lincoln, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Bradford, Belfast, East Sussex, Southampton, Dorset, Birmingham, Oxford