£125+VAT per person including Just Play Premium Resource.
£62.50 for students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Interested in booking Just Play training? Further info on venues and dates HERE
Musical Futures: Just Play is the skills-building approach from Musical Futures.
It is designed to engage all teachers in making music with their classes whether they consider themselves to be musicians, music specialists, musical or not and will enable children to develop musical skills, build confidence and support their overall personal development.
Aimed at students aged between 8-14, the approach is designed to engage students in whole class music making by providing a simple step by step resource that supports the development of instrumental skills on drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and ukulele, using music that students like, recognise and engage with.
The Just Play Premium Resource provided as part of the Just Play training course has been created around Musical Futures pedagogies and approaches, incorporating many of the key principles of Musical Futures.
Who is it for?
Who is it for?
The approach is recommended for use at primary level from years 4 onwards, or in years 7 – 9 at secondary level
For teachers of years 4-6:
This approach to music teaching has been designed and scaffolded for general classroom teachers who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists.
For primary music specialists
Just Play can be adapted for use with a range of instruments
For secondary music teachers:
This is a great way to build basic instrumental skills on a range of instruments commonly found in the secondary classroom and is ideal for use with years 7-9.
For instrumental teachers:
Just Play can be adapted by teachers engaged in small group or Whole Class Ensemble Tuition
Why attend this course?
What will I take away from a Just Play course?
- A full day training course delivered in a school setting, and involving a class of students
- A teachers guide and starter pack
- A download link to the full Just Play resource, which provides a full scheme of work
- Refreshments and lunch
New playalong tracks are available each half-term to download from the MF website (additional cost) so there is always new and up-to-date resources to use with your students.
About Musical Futures Training
Teachers who use of Musical Futures in schools report:
- An increase in numbers of students taking up instrumental lessons on a wider range of instruments
- Increased student participation in concerts and performances
- Better engagement with classroom music for all ages
- Greater satisfaction in relation to their teaching and own musicianship
- Explore how to develop instrumental skills in a whole class setting using ukulele, guitar, keyboards, bass and drums.
- Develop an understanding of how this approach can foster outstanding learning in your own classroom.
- Have a go at performing a range of current popular songs at different levels with our exclusive Just Play play alongs - there's something for everyone and even some chair drumming thrown in for good measure!
- Look at how performances can be used to measure progress
- Discuss with others the best way to implement Just Play in your classroom or department to get started tomorrow!
- Gain practical advice on how to ensure that this approach can promote outstanding teaching and learning
- See the approach delivered to a class
- Observe how peer and self-assessment can be used to promote excellence in music lessons